Biographical summary :
- Born on June 1st 1850 on the domain of Nehatu in Estonia.
- Studied at the Nicolai-Gymnasium in Tallinn, where his art teacher, Albert Sprengel, discovered his talent for painting.
- As of 1868, studied painting at the Academy of Arts in Düsseldorf, Germany.
- Founded his own studio in Düsseldorf in 1871.
- Married Emilie Poensgen in 1877.
- In 1893, became a member of the Academy of Arts of Berlin.
- Received the title of professor from the Academy of Arts in Düsseldorf.
- Died on February 12 1930 in Hösel, near Düsseldorf.
The painter Gregor von Bochmann (1850 - 1930)
Museums, exhibitions, journals, newspapers and private collections (in German)
(mostly in German)
I am in the process of updating this work catalogue of the painter Malers Gregor von Bochmann. I would appreciate any indications about the works of the artists. Please send any information, as well as a photo, if possible, to email@example.com . (I am the great-grandson of the painter).
Gregor v. Bochmann
, computer scientist
Web site established in 1999; new version 2017; last update: January 2021
Thanks to: Frédéric von Bochmann (for technical consulting), Kaidi Loo (for the estonian translation), and Friedrich Hübner (for the russian translation).