Gregor von Bochmann produced many drawings, mainly pen drawings but also pen, brush, charcoal and even paper cutouts.
There are also many sketch books that contain many sketches and also some finished drawings. Most of these things remained in family ownership.
A good number of these drawings have already been included in the work catalogue since its inception in 1999.
They have numbers between B0001 and B1300. In this new version of 2018, a large number of additional drawings
have been included with numbers above B5000. All these additional drawings can be consulted by looking at the following groups.
Note, however, that not all these drawings are included in the work catalogue - the very sketchy drawings are excluded, especially those in the sketch books
(they can NOT be found by using the search functions of the catalogue, but only by looking explicitly at one of the groups below).
There are the following groups:
- Drawing Collection A : Numbers B5001 through B5037
- plus several drawings with numbers between B0001 and B1500
- Drawing Collection B : Numbers B5201 through B5258
- Drawing Collection C : This collection consists
of 37 large card boards (35 x 50 cm) on which one or several drawings are glued (numbers B5301 through B5337).
They were probably prepared between 1910 and 1930. The card boards measure 35 x 50 cm, some are a few cm less large - the height
of the photos is 34 cm. The photos of the card boards are not included in the
Photos of the individual drawings are numbered B5351 through B5445 -
they are part of the catalogue and follow the same order as the card board photos.
- Drawing Collection D : Numbers B5501 through B5557
- Drawing Collection E : Numbers B5601 through B5644
- Drawing Collection F : Numbers B5701 through B5752
- Other drawings in the work catalogue (numbers between B0001 and B1500)
- Sketch Book No 1 : This is an early sketch book from the 1870ies. Numbers B7081 through B7156
- Sketch Book No 2 : Many head sketches, unsigned and not dated. Numbers B7201 through B7226
- Sketch Book No 3 : Sketch book from Holland, one page dated 1895. Numbers B7251 through B7293
- Sketch Book No 4 : Sketches from country side, few are signed, no dates; same kind of booklet as Sketch Book 3. Numbers B7301 through B7356.
- Sketch Book No 5 : On the inner cover : Skizzenbuch v. 1893 (or 95 ?) G v Bochmann. Sketches mostly from Holland, mostly unsigned, few annotated: d.1 September 93; d. 15ten August 95; Nordwyk (a horse); Scheveningen d. 10. Sept. 95. Numbers B7401 through B7494.
- Sketch Book No 6 : Booklet for his son Gregor. A few nice pen drawings, one with: Rothenfelde d. 6ten Sept. 94 Numbers B7501 through B7508.
- Sketch Book No 7 : Booklet in leather - used as sketch book. Drawings mostly not signed, no info on year. Some annotations: F Couvenhaven; Stormwyk. Numbers B7511 through B7631.
- Sketch Book No 8 : Booklet in leather - for his daughter-in-law-to-be, Marianne Feddersen - Zum 27ten October 1904 (their engagement was late October 1902). Contains no drawing, only the poem The Lover's Pledge. Numbers B7641 through B7645.
- Sketch Book No 9 : Individual drawings - probably out of a sketch book. Numbers B7651 through B7665.
- Sketch Book No 10 : Booklet for his grand-daughter Renate. Contains only three drawings, the first dated 22 April 1923. Numbers B7671 through B7676.
- Sketch Book No 11 : Sketch book - Switzerland. Probably from the 1920ies. Contains some sketches from : Rosenlani; Reuli; Maloja. Numbers B7701 through B7752.
- Sketch Book No 12 : Sketch book (same kind of booklet as Sketch Book 11). Contains some sketches from : Alp Grüm; Pontresina; one dated 3 Dez 1926. . Numbers B7761 through B7791.
Note: The pages from the sketch books are shown in their full size.
The drawings from the collections are shown in a cropped format which is more pleasing to look at.
However, a full size view of most of these drawings can be obtained by clicking on the link which is shown
at the bottom of the large view of the drawing. For some drawings in the collections, the piece of paper has a
drawing on both sides - to see the other side of the paper, there is another link that can be followed.